Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

Hello everyone! Thanks for visiting my blog. This is going to be the place where I post the findings for my project which the title for this blog comes from.
Currently I have posted a message on a graphic novel listserv where librarians are currently discussing the topic of graphic novels. I think this would be a great way to get a wide range of different views on graphic novels from many different libraries. The listserv is called GNLIB - Graphic Novels in Libraries. The questions I asked are as follows:
1) How large is your library?
2) How many graphic novels do you have in collection? How many of those are
manga?
3) Do they circulate well among the YAs?
4) Do you receive any input from YAs concerning graphic novels?
5) Why do you think some libraries are reluctant to purchase graphic novels?
6) Do you believe graphic novels are sincere forms of literature?
7) Do the higher prices of graphic novels a major deciding factor when
purchasing titles for your collection?
8) Where are your graphic novels located? Are they in the general collection or
in a spot of their own?
9) Are there any graphic novel titles are are currently very popular among YAs?

I'm hoping to get some responses, but if not, I plan on searching through the archives to see if some of my questions are already been answered.
I'm hoping this project will be fruitful and answer the many questions I'm asking!
-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment